Happy Friday - this post is for the 41% of you that voted for a blog post on my Instagram stories. ;) Given that Instagram stories only last 24 hours, it’s also a refresher for the other 59% of you!
This week I gave a couple of products from the Perricone MD “No Makeup” Makeup Range a try. Since leaving uni I’ve turned into a bit of a beauty junkie and skincare addict so I’ve had my beady lil’ eyes on this range for a while...
(Yeah, I’m that awkward person that’s accurate with percentages, soz.)
I firstly tried the “No Foundation” Foundation. Now don’t get me wrong, there’s things I absolutely love about this product. BUT, there’s certain things about this that just don’t work for me...
I will say that this product literally does do exactly what it claims on the box. It minimises pores (no jokes here lads), reduces redness and the appearance of darker marks/scars, as well as giving a dewy finish to the skin.
However, as someone that really really doesn’t like having skin that looks oily/shiny/sweaty, this was the main aspect that just wasn’t for me. I found that it sort of remained sticky even after applying (which to be fair did make the setting powder firmly stick), but I found that I just didn’t like the way it felt on my face. That’s not to say it’s a bad product, it just didn’t suit me, so if you like a matte finish for your makeup then this probably isn’t for you, but if you don’t mind, then this product is great. It gives a really light coverage on the skin, so I’d say it’s more like a BB cream than Foundation. Great for people that like light coverage.
I did, however, really like the No Bronzer Bronzer. To apply, you squeeze two drops onto the palm of your hand and rub together (be prepared for VERY tanned hands - wipes at the ready) and pat lightly onto the face. To be honest, I was actually shocked at how easy this Bronzer was to use, and I liked that it actually applies as a brown colour and not orange (no Oompa Loompas here gals) so you like like you’ve just spent two weeks on a beach in Bora Bora (a gal can dream).
I’m really keen to try some more of Perricone MDs products so I’ll do another post soon.
You can get the “No Foundation” Foundation here
And the “No Bronzer” Bronzer here
Disclaimer: this is NOT an ad and all views in this post are of my own opinion. The links provided in this post are affiliate links which mean that if you decide to buy anything I have recommended then I will get a teeny tiny percentage. No biggie.